SOUND & COMUNICATION
ANNUAL RE-SIGN POLICY
AVAILABLE FOR WORK LISTS:
Applicants who are in compliance with the requirements of the referral articles will be required to register required information on Books supplied by the Dispatcher.
Re-sign will be required in January of each year in the following manner:
1. On any workday in January of each year, Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Union office, 4480 Rogue Valley Hwy, Suite 3, Central Point, Oregon. Phone: 541/664-0804
2. Or, at the Unit meeting in Klamath Falls, Roseburg, or Medford.
REMOVAL from the available-for-work list will occur when:
1. Applicant fails to re-sign in January of each year.
2. Applicant has been dispatched for over one (1) calendar week.
3. Applicant has turned down or been unavailable for 3 job offers.
4. Applicant voluntarily removes his/her self from the available list.
Applicants are responsible for keeping the Dispatcher informed, in writing of any change of address and/or telephone number where they can be reached.
REGULAR DISPATCH HOURS: 9:00 a.m. to noon
Monday through Friday
EMERGENCY DISPATCH: All other times
All qualified applicants can sign the out-of-work list. This will require original registration in person at the union office, 4480 Rogue River Hwy, Suite 3, Central Point, Oregon. Hours are Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., OR, at the Unit meeting in Klamath Falls, Roseburg, or Medford. Applicants, once registered, may re-sign by telephone or in person during the period prior to re-sign in January of each year.
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 659
1. Each applicant for referral shall be permitted to place his/her name on any inside work list that he/she qualifies for. If you are registered on the General Journeyman list, you may have your name on the Residential list. You must inform the dispatcher when taking a call from either list that you are on both, so your name will be removed from both. If you have signed in person during the year on the General Journeyman list, you may call to put your name on the Residential list.
I.B.E.W. MEMBERS MUST SHOW CURRENT DUES RECEIPT
2. When the Union Dispatcher is unable to contact the applicant whose name is first on the out-of-work list, after making a reasonable attempt to do so, she/he may proceed to refer the next eligible applicant(s) in order of their place on the list.
3. Any applicant who accepts employment offering one (1) week of work or less shall not, thereby, lose his/her position on the out-of-work list, provided they report themselves available for work to the union on the next regular workday after his/her termination. An applicant who voluntarily quits, or is terminated for good cause in less than one (1) calendar week, shall be required to re-register on the out-of-work list.
4. Any applicant accepting a work referral and, thereafter, not appearing at the time and place specified, shall notify the Union as soon as possible and shall be required to re-register with the Union.
5. All applicants must provide the necessary proof of qualification to be placed in their appropriate group.
6. An employee who has satisfied the standards established by this Referral Plan will retain (but not accumulate) his employment seniority under this Agreement in the following circumstances:
(1) When an officer in this Local Union which requires full time in that office for specified period.
(2) When an employee working for an Employer under the terms of this Agreement is assigned to a position outside the bargaining unit, but in the electrical industry.
(3) When an employee is covered under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA).
7. Any inquiries regarding this referral procedure should first be directed to the Dispatcher assigned to administer referral.
8. Referral procedures and rules shall be at the sole discretion of the Business Manager. Any change in the above procedures or rules, when posted, shall automatically become a part of this document.
Business Manager and Financial Secretary
Dispatcher direct line: (541) 664-0804
Fax: (541) 664-0806
January 1, 2015