Aclara is looking for seven Electrical Field Installers – AMI Meter Installations to change out the current meters for Pacific Power and Light customers in Oregon.
If you are interested in this position please visit www.aclara.com/careers/open-positions, scroll down to “SGS”, click on Electric Meter Installer – Albany, Oregon and apply online.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible as interviews will be scheduled in November in the Albany/Corvallis area. Must possess a good driving record and must pass a drug test and background check.
The job will begin in December. Paid training will be held in Seattle with one week on classroom training and two weeks of hands on training. Lodging will be provided. The beginning rate of pay will be $24.68 ($25.42 effective 1/1/2018). Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage will be available through LINECO and hours worked will determine eligibility.
The beginning wage will begin at $24.68 and then effective 1/1/2018 the wage rates are as follows:
First 6 Months $25.42
6-12 Months 27.41
12-18 Months 28.76
18 Months or more 30.11
All employees, not already members, will be required to make membership with Local Union 659 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
IN ADDITION Aclara will also be seeking an additional 35 individuals for electric meter installation beginning in January 2018. Please visit the above referenced website to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy at 541-664-0800.
CITY OF MILTON-FREEWATER
P.O. Box 6, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862 (541) 938-5531
Position: JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
Salary: $44.88 Full Time
Duties: Constructs, maintains and repairs overhead and underground electrical systems; does related work as required.
Qualifications: Considerable knowledge of the methods and tools used in line construction and maintenance work, occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions used for the trade; working knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems, ability to apply this knowledge to work problems; thorough knowledge of first aid, including pole top resuscitation; ability to work from sketches, blueprints, written or oral instructions; sufficient strength to perform heavy (sometimes exceeding 100 lbs.) manual tasks relating to line construction; ability to climb poles and work at moderate heights with energized high tension lines such as primary conductors; ability to work in all weather conditions; skill in the use and care of the tools and equipment of the trade. Possession of or ability to secure possession of a valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License).
Training: Minimum of three years experience in electric line work and journey status as a line technician and completion of a recognized apprenticeship in line work; graduation from a senior high school or satisfactory equivalent GED certificate.
Selection: Evaluation of candidate's background from application form. Those applicants who appear best qualified as determined by a screening committee may be interviewed.
Application: Applications may be obtained from Human Resources Dept., City Hall, P.O. Box 6, Milton-Freewater, OR 97862, (541) 938-8243, or on the City’s website at www.mfcity.com. Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department in City Hall. First application review Friday, September 28, 2017. Open until filled. Disability accommodations made in the recruitment process upon request.
The City of Milton-Freewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability.
CENTRAL LINCOLN PUD
Position Bid No. 17-18
September 20, 2017
Notice of Vacancy
The position of Journeyman Lineman in our Florence location is open for bid from
September 20, 2017 through October 3, 2017 inclusive.
The Journeyman Lineman will work as a member of a crew to construct, install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electrical power systems, transmission, distribution, overhead, underground, and fiber optic cable. Repair or replace defective high and low voltage conductors, insulators, equipment and related hardware. Install and/or replace overhead and underground transformers and switches. Prepare and set line poles, structures and towers. Transfer energized and de-energized wire, equipment and guys from damaged or decaying facilities to new facilities. Install and maintain wire and cable for overhead and underground systems. Assist in training apprentices.
This position requires successful completion of a three and a half year (3 ½) approved line apprenticeship or equivalent that includes qualifying as a Journeyman Lineman recognized by Local Union #659.
The hourly rate of pay for a Journeyman Lineman as of April 1, 2017 is $46.39.
You can read the complete job description and apply online at Central Lincoln’s external website at http://clpud.org/employment/. Please use the “Position Bid Application” form 221 and attach it through NEOGOV. This position will be posted inside and outside concurrently.
NW LINE JATC
The Northwest Line Construction Industry Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC), a nonprofit training association, is seeking candidates to fill the Training Director position. This is a challenging and exciting position with a nationally recognized training program.
The Training Director works under the direction of the Board of Trustees to manage the Outside Electrical Lineman Apprenticeship and Power Line Clearance and Tree Trimming Apprenticeship programs, including related program training, the Vocational Outside Line Training Academy (VOLTA) and development of future programs as directed. The qualified candidate will work closely with JATC staff, contractors and IBEW Locals as well as various industry, state and local agencies to develop, maintain and administer safety training programs.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we build a new training facility. The Training Director will have a role in the design and construction of this new facility.
Preferred candidates will have a background in management, apprenticeship and journeyman training or knowledge of training development. Candidates must also possess financial, management and interpersonal skills as well as an understanding of current safety rules and regulations. Travel is required and is not limited to the Pacific Northwest.
The successful candidate should meet the following:
- Possess cost control and budget experience.
- Maintain a professional, unbiased attitude toward the Union or Management.
- Understand the on-the-job-training aspect of apprenticeship programs.
- Can develop and modify training materials.
- Successfully demonstrated management and operations skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. Some public speaking experience is preferable.
- Some college experience especially in Business Administration is preferred.
- Proficient in PC software applications including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong convictions regarding the advancement and safety training of the industry. Overall personality, character and attitude will be considered.
- Experience teaching apprentices on the job and in the classroom is preferred but not required.
- A journeyman lineman card is preferred but not required.
- Should have knowledge of legislation directed toward the apprenticeship (e.g., Title 29 CFR Part 29, ERISA, EEO, OSHA).
- Must be a self-motivated individual and with excellent time-management skills.
- Bring and maintain a positive attitude.
Resumes will be accepted from September 8 through October 6, 2017, with interviews scheduled in October 2017.Qualified applicants can expect competitive compensation with a starting salary of $145K+ and excellent benefits.Submit comprehensive resumes and references to email@example.com.
The JATC is the Pacific Northwest’s apprentice and journeyman training program for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), providing training for the outside electrical construction and maintenance industry throughout Oregon, Washington, 10 northern Idaho counties and 3 northern counties of California.
The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee of the Northwest Line Construction Industry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NW Line JATC / VOLTA
Job Title: Full Time Instructor
Department: VOLTA / Apprentice Camp
Position Overview: Supports operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes (1st yr., 2nd yr., 3rd, yr., Volta etc.)
Planning, organizing, and implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
- Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Camp Rilea.
- Conduct and project self in professional manner.
- Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs (pole yards).
- Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
- Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes.
- Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
- Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
- Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
- Maintain communication and cooperation among base, staff, and students (past, present and future).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes.
- Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Travel to off-base locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes.
- Provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner.
- Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
- Journeyman Lineman
- Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA, Flagging, Crane etc.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
- Willing and able to physically climb structures and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Lineman.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc.
- Develop; write; improve lesson plans
This position is a full time, salaried position of $128,869.92, with vacation, sick leave, Lineco, NEBF and NEAP based on the four-local agreement. Working hours vary based on schedule (VOLTA or Camp sessions) and additional travel and training will be required.
Resumes accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until September 1st; interviews will be scheduled September 15th with a targeted start date no later than October 9th.
The Power Line Clearance & Tree Trimming Program is looking for Apprentice in the IBEW Local 659 area. 1st Aid, Flagging Traffic Control card and Class B CDL permit required. For more information, or to apply, please go to nwpowerlinetreetrimming.org.
CoosCurry Electrical Coop, www.cooscurryelectric.com/
Central Lincoln PUD, www.clpud.org
Consumers Power, www.consumerspower.org
Lane Electric, www.laneelectric.com
City of Roseburg, www.cityofroseburg.org
City of Ashland, www.ashland.or.us
Central Lincoln PUD www.clpud.org/index.html
Surprise Valley, www.surprisevalleyelectric.org/